In this edition of the Scouting Report, we dive into Disney+ and how their launch plan helps the confidence of little guys like us, why you should consider time as a commodity, what content strategy you should be implementing for 2020, email marketing gone wrong, and what I’m listening to and watching.
About This Show:
Bonjour with Blythe covers the wins, losses, and lifestyle around being a present-day entrepreneur.
Contrary to popular belief, freelancing and entrepreneurialism are not all working out of coffee shops and taking insta-friendly vacations. There are real challenges (and tears!) involved with running your own business. But there are also a lot of perks; which host Blythe Brumleve hopes to share both sides of the coin in The Scouting Report show.
Check out the time-stamps to each segment below along with links to stories discussed:
Disney+ Content Lessons [02:48]
- When big companies make a huge splash, as Disney has done with their new streaming service, it can be a bit intimidating to us little guys. But here are a few lessons learned that alllllll content creators face, yes, even Disney, will learn no matter the scale of their launch.
Why You Should Consider Time As Your Most Important Commodity [12:03]
- This debate was inspired by the article “Why I charge people to get coffee with me.”
- Watch the video on this topic here.
How to Content Plan for 2020 [31:02]
- Gary Vee is at it again with his suggestion that you should be publishing 100 times PER DAY. How is it possible to achieve this when you don’t have a content team around you? We’ll show you.
- Watch the video covering this topic.
- OR download the Digital Marketing checklist mentioned during this segment.
Email Marketing Gone Wrong [49.37]
- A BIG company made a very BIG email marketing mistake. I rant on this plus give you tips on your own email marketing campaigns to include how to send a cold email THE RIGHT WAY!
- Watch the video on this topic.
3 Supply Chain Shows That Non-Industry Folks Will Enjoy [01:08:35]
- Paying attention to the supply chain of the items we purchase is increasingly becoming important for a lot of consumers. Therefore I’m breaking down three different podcasts and shows that even non-industry folks will find interesting.
- Netflix’s Rotten Series (trailer found here)
- Freightwaves TV app launches (where to download and watch)
- Let’s Know This podcast covers One Day Shipping and the issues surrounding this growing demand from retailers.
Submit Your Marketing//Website Questions
Have a website/marketing question you’d like to get answered? Shoot me a message on Twitter or Instagram or submit to the BRAND NEW PODCAST PAGE (at the bottom) and I’ll get them answered on the next show.